I have worked with a variety of organizations from pre-product startups to large companies. Below is a select list of what I have worked on.
Our team needed to understand the feasibility of a cottage food marketplace business and what might be required for an MVP.
I used a Lean Canvas to help the team understand customers, assumptions, risks, and value proposition. Due to regulation issues flushed out while iterating on the Lean Canvas, we did not proceed with an MVP.
I wanted to validate initial assumptions around a party planning and crowdfunded gift giving application concept.
I created a 10 question survey that I promoted via email and Facebook Groups to better understand customer pain points and also screen for in-depth interviews. The survey helped me identify people I was able to speak with one-on-one, participate in our design sprints, and be part of pre-release testing.
While working on an indoor air quality application, I wanted the design & development teams to thoroughly understand what needed to be built to meet a tight MVP launch window.
I created wireframes and user flows for every screen to capture key product elements and eliminate as much ambiguity as possible.
Our team wanted to validate a patient management application targeted at medical practices quickly and as cheaply as possible.
Instead of a coded MVP, I built a high fidelity interactive prototype using Invision and then put it in front of customers to get feedback prior to development. This saved weeks of engineering time by not having to first develop an MVP and then test initial assumptions.
On a personalized onboarding flow for an online indoor air quality report, I ran multiple A/B tests using Google Optimize to validate a hypothesis that simplifying language and privacy acceptance criteria on the final step of the funnel will increase conversions.
Implementing the winning set of tests increased conversions by over 16%.
Our team wanted to identify the cause of abandonment on certain use case flows in a fitness marketplace application. I set up session recording using FullStory to see exactly what users were doing for these specific use cases.
I was able to increase specific daily active use cases by over 300% from watching recordings of user behavior and making tweaks to UX frustration points. All without the overhead of a lengthy customer interview process.
While working on an indoor air quality application, I wanted users to be regularly reminded to use the application and form habits.
I created a retention workflow using Drip to encourage users to take in-app action through a combination of drip emails and Facebook custom audiences. I also split tested messaging and segmented out repeat users for a referral campaign.
Our team needed to increase conversions/sign-ups for an online indoor air quality report, but we needed to first determine where to focus our testing and optimization efforts.
I created several Google Analytics Conversion Funnels split up by customer and acquisition segments which helped identify where in the 12-step funnel drop-offs were coming from.
While working on a K-6 classroom management application, I used a 2x2 prioritization matrix to narrow down and identify which stories will be part of the MVP and which will be part of future releases. It also gave clarity to how initial sprints were to be organized.
A product roadmap I created for a sports fitness application and marketplace to communicate product priorities, short & long term goals, and facilitate stakeholder collaboration.